Twin Peaks

Discussion in 'Books, Music, TV, and Film' started by Zeuriel, Jun 29, 2012.

1. Zeuriel

Zeuriel Council

Main IGN:
    Zeuriel
    Alt IGN::
    WOMPUS
    Battle.Net Tag:
    Zeuriel#1263
    Hands down my favorite show of all time.

Trying to get my GF to watch it, but she finds it too quirky i think.

Anyone have any advice the help get her interested. I think she would love the characterizations and stuff later on but she is having trouble getting over the hump that she is perceiving.

Also Twin Rocks. TV never really get director of Lynch's caliber so it is a rare treat to see it. You should see it if you haven't
  2. Barbarella

Barbarella Guest

Has she ever watched anything else by lynch?

I seem to remember that I watched Fire Walk With Me before I watched the show. But I'm a huge Blue velvet fan so that could have been a starter for it. I think it's much easier to get an appreciation for his films.
  3. Areli

Areli Founder, Administrator Staff Member

Main IGN:
    Areli
    I really really enjoyed Blue Velvet and Mulholland Drive. I'm not a huge Lynch fan, and honestly, I just gave up on Twin Peaks because it was terribly hard to follow thanks to his surreal dream-like sequences. I remember I had a friend who liked to watch it but he got "baked" when doing so and really just liked it for the visuals - which of course, is another trademark of Lynch.

I would not bother to offer advice to get your girlfriend into it - there are so many shows to go back and watch full seasons through that you can probably find something that neither of you needs to work at to enjoy :p
  4. Barbarella

Barbarella Guest

I really wanted to post the Candy Colored Clown scene but it's so not even close to PG. but I just wanted you to know that you gave me warm fuzzies again Kev ;)
  5. Zeuriel

Zeuriel Council

Main IGN:
    Zeuriel
    WOMPUS
    Battle.Net Tag:
    Zeuriel#1263
    we watched twin peaks, MD is prob next. she has some renewed interest tho.

And kev i honestly think TP got cancelled largely because certain aspects of it were to complex (from a narrative and film making standpoint) for most people to just sit and enjoy. I dont think most people watch network tv for an intellectual challenge. I think its usually something to veg to after work. I would give it another go sometime though it really is monstrously interesting.

And i am a candy colored clown they call the sandman, but that not important. Have you seen Eraserhead barb? Kinda makes me never ever ever want a kid (i know its not real but still it just THAT horrible).
  6. Zeuriel

Zeuriel Council

Main IGN:
    Zeuriel
    WOMPUS
    Battle.Net Tag:
    Zeuriel#1263
    the other issue i know ALOT of people have with it is that is moves about as fast as heat death. which can make it tough to get into. but its worth it ;)