Tomb of the Unknown Soldier.....

Discussion in 'Misc Videos' started by Foxy, May 24, 2012.

1. Foxy

Foxy Founder, Administrator Staff Member

Main IGN:
    Foxy
    Battle.Net Tag:
    Foxy#1732
    Here is what happens when folks don't respect the Tomb of the Unknown Soldier....

Cannot render media site: you may be running an outdated version of XenForo

The guard sternly, "shut up" a group of people laughing at
    the Tomb Of The Unknown Soldier.
    Not a peep was heard afterwards.
    Notice how he went about it....stepped off the black mat, made his comments, proceeded to the end of the mat without getting back on
    until he reached the end....then stepped onto the blackmat again,

began his 21 steps again.

GOOD FOR HIM -- PRICELESS!!!!

A big Thank you, to the men that perform this duty, 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, in every kind of weather!
  2. Dane

Dane Former Member

Main IGN:
    Quarin
    Alt IGN::
    Foeshizzle
    Battle.Net Tag:
    Dane#1465
    oh yeah. those dudes take their job very seriously. i've been there once. i remember that day well. it effected me quite deeply. these people deserved to be chastised. that is a place of deep meaning for our country and should be treated as such.

i don't understand the thing about not getting back on the black mat. what does it matter where he steps onto the mat from?
  3. Eltherion

Eltherion Guest

If i was there i would have told those kids to shutup.. that place is sacred ..
  4. Kaybek

Kaybek -Mostly Retired -

Main IGN:
    Kaybek
    Dranak
    Battle.Net Tag:
    Kaybek#1468
    Respect is a value that is lost for too many people. As goes respect, so does society.
  5. Dane

Dane Former Member

Main IGN:
    Quarin
    Foeshizzle
    Battle.Net Tag:
    Dane#1465
    yep. i gotta agree with you on that one, david. it's the one thing that is the same regardless of creed, color or religion. it's the only real unifying value left to us. hopefully it's not too late.
  6. Braandr_Kyle

Braandr_Kyle Former Member

Main IGN:
    Braandr
    Kaesyl
    He has to restart his 21 steps over again. If the pace and march aren't perfect he has to start over.
  7. Dane

Dane Former Member

Main IGN:
    Quarin
    Foeshizzle
    Battle.Net Tag:
    Dane#1465
    right on. thanks kyle. never knew that.

what gets me about this... i don't know how you can stand there without respect and awe. it is such a humbling place.
  8. Kaybek

Kaybek -Mostly Retired -

Main IGN:
    Kaybek
    Dranak
    Battle.Net Tag:
    Kaybek#1468
    I believe it's because so many people today feel their entitled to everything and forget don't seem to understand that we're only here because of the sacrifice others have given for us
  9. Braandr_Kyle

Braandr_Kyle Former Member

Main IGN:
    Braandr
    Kaesyl
    Very sobering experience. I felt wrong not being in uniform when I was there.

The 3rd US Infantry (The Old Guard) Take their job very seriously. They have some of the most strict requirements to get in. Watch the movie "Gardens of Stone"