The Elder Scrolls online

Discussion in 'Public Discussions' started by Sepys, Mar 11, 2013.

1. Sepys

Sepys Member

Main IGN:
    Sepys
    Alt IGN::
    Septys
    Hey everyone its been awhile since I've been on to catch up with everyone school and work have me hammered down really good. I just wanted to see if anyone else in the guild has heard of the new Elder Scrolls MMO it looks amazing and there are taking applications for the new closed beta testing which I have already signed up for. Was anyone else looking to play the game?

Oh and it would be good to catch up with you guys and girls and see how everyone is doing.

Shaun Lavigne
  2. Foxy

Foxy Founder, Administrator Staff Member

Main IGN:
    Foxy
    Battle.Net Tag:
    Foxy#1732
    Shaun.....! Great to see you again! As you know, RL is first and foremost here, so it's good to know that's what's kept you away. I hope all is going well for you!

As to Elder Scrolls Online....several of us have signed up for the beta for it. We're just waiting on a date that it will happen. In the meantime, we're playing a few other games such as League of Legends (free to play, making it more fun!!), the new Simcity, BF3, CoD and Diablo3 for some of us. And a few of us are still occasionally, VERY occasionally, playing SW:ToR.

In any event, hop on mumble when you can, say hi, and let us know how you've been doing!! If you haven't logged into mumble in a while, we did change servers, so the info has changed. Let us know and we'll get it to you ASAP!!
  3. Bushnikov

Bushnikov Benefactor, Guild Wars 2 Council Member

Main IGN:
    Bushnikov
    Senzu
    Battle.Net Tag:
    Bushnikov#1977
    Hey! Good to hear from you. I'm interested in the game and have signed up for beta. We'll see how things develop, but I'm looking forward to it. That and Neverwinter are looking like potential main games for me.
  4. Sepys

Sepys Member

Main IGN:
    Sepys
    Septys
    Yea Bob it would be good to talk to talk to everyone on mumble so when you get the chance to give me the new info ill hope on.
  5. Foxy

Main IGN:
    Foxy
    Battle.Net Tag:
    Foxy#1732
    Alrighty...info pm'd to your inbox!
  6. VegetaVarnay

VegetaVarnay Founder, Administrator "Malgus Disciple" Staff Member

Battle.Net Tag:
    Vegeta#1673
    Sup champ glad you're doing OK and welcome back!
  7. Donatien1800

Donatien1800 Council

Main IGN:
    Elizabet
    Welcome back. I'm also interested in ESO. I plan on playing Neverwinter once it comes out as well, so that will be my primary MMO for a while.
  8. Sepys

Sepys Member

Main IGN:
    Sepys
    Septys
    When does Neverwinter come out?
  9. Bushnikov

Bushnikov Benefactor, Guild Wars 2 Council Member

Main IGN:
    Bushnikov
    Senzu
    Battle.Net Tag:
    Bushnikov#1977
    No date yet but I'm guessing mid-late April
  10. Powerdrunk

Powerdrunk Founder, Administrator Staff Member

Main IGN:
    Salander
    Welcome back!

ESO is on my radar but I have to say that GW2 broke my back with MMOs. I am now way beyond getting even remotely excited about any MMO because their trackrecords recently have been abysmal.

I tooled around in Neverwinter this weekend and my overwhelming response was 'nothing to see here folks'. Being totally f2p, it may be able to suck away a few hours but I certainly didn't come away pumped up for release.

I would say that the one pending MMO that is intriguing me the most atm would be wildstar. . . Looks like they're bringing a decent sense of humour and fun to the game (either that or their marketing department is going a great job) but I'm certainly not expecting anything revolutionary. To be honest, I think devs trying to chase the next evolutionary step in the genre are just hamstringing themselves. A simple, well designed game with great, deep mechanics is all that is required to kill it in this market methinks!
  11. Vraith

Vraith Member

Main IGN:
    Vraith
    The biggest problem with MMOs now days is every single one of them tries in some for to do something innovative, which is fine by all means. The issue is they work so hard on trying to do something big and new they forget to include some of the basics.

I honestly have been trying to find a new MMO that I could play and actually have fun with. WoW, served its purpose for years, but sadly it has gone to easy mode, and honestly it is not as exciting as it once was.

SWTOR, I am honestly disappointed in. I enjoyed the game for a bit and even recently have sunk a little money into it, but I am still just disappointed. Even more so because I pre-ordered the collectors edition on day 1 of being able to.

DDO I didnt get into that much, and sadly Neverwinter I am kinda feeling the same.

Rift wasn't too bad but at the same time I just didnt see a reason to keep playing.

GW2, was so far different from the first one, that my heart just sank.

Right now ESO is the only MMO that I am honestly looking forward to. Only one thing about it that bothers me atm, is the fact that they plan on putting it on ps4/xbone as well as the pc. Any gamer here knows that one of the critical things for a game is support. My worry is that their support is going to be spread to far thing between the 3 systems to be able to be much of an impact when players need it. Even more so I am worried that they will develop the game for say the xbox and then just copy and paste it to the pc. The game itself I am looking forward to but if it doesnt pan out, I will be sticking to LoL and my shooters on my pc.
  12. Foxy

Main IGN:
    Foxy
    Battle.Net Tag:
    Foxy#1732
    Rift is F2P which is why a lot of us are playing it. I sure can't wait till ESO and surely hope it's the "messiah" we've all been waiting for as far as MMO's are concerned. We need a really good game with a bit of longevity to help focus our community into being the awesomeness we all are!

Neverwinter is still "there" though I haven't played it in some time, and I surely miss seeing the new members we had acquired during that recruiting stage, as they're some really nice people, both with their chat and their playing abilities. Here is hoping that they will log on once in a while to Mumble and say hello to us and keep us abreast of all things RL in their part of the country. I know a few of them are Firefighters like myself and hope they're all safe.