[Sep 21, 2012] TPvP/sPvP Holmes?! (Heart of the Swarm)

Discussion in 'Past Events' started by CharlieJ, Sep 21, 2012.

1. CharlieJ

CharlieJ Guild Wars 2 Council Member

Main IGN:
    Korliena
    Battle.Net Tag:
    Alkaron#1168
    Hey everybody!

I had gotten myself interested in seeing how tournament PvP works and thought "hey why not see who else might" and start planning some events. For those that don't know what tPvP is, it is just 8 teams of 5 players each in single elimination rounds and the top 4 receive prizes in the Open Tournament (free).

1st place Prize: Tournament chest with some phat loots
    2nd Place Prize: Gold Chest
    3rd Place Prize: Silver Chest
    4th Place Prize: Copper Chest
    (Win you first elimination and you will receive at least copper chest)

We have some interest and the most common night was Wednesday and Friday. We figured Friday might be best for this since we have sPvP and WvWvW night the night before this. This way it can be utilized as a form of a warm-up/practice for the next day.

Please when you sign up reply with what type of build you plan to play with which disc.

Types being:
    -Support melee and ranged
    -Damage melee and ranged

e.g. "I'll be there with Damien Amiro Thief Damage melee"

We would like to get the team set up for 2 support (1 melee 1 ranged) and 3 damage (1 melee 2 ranged/misc). A few of us have discussed this would probably be the optimal team make up. Now obviously we won't work to have this every time. We would like to see an even cycle so each player can get in an equal amount of play time in each tournament. Also help explore the different types of synergies out there with all the different play styles and I am sure there are an abundance of them.

Each tournament starts when enough players sign up and there is a 5 minute wait/prep window before you first match begins. This will take time in-between each tournament so for those of you who may not being going in first round I would suggest that you sPvP with the others to have a warm up/practice until you are cycled in.

I would love to see some interest in this especially since this is free tournament play and you can get some very nice looking gear from this as long as you place in top 4. I hope to see you all there I know I am planning my week around making sure I will be there for this because I am super excited about some tPvP action with you all. :D Enjoy your week!

Charlie

P.S. Sorry I forgot to put this up earlier this week I've been extremely busy with research and my classes it slipped my mind. I'll promise to remember for next week as well. :D
  2. Kaybek

Kaybek -Mostly Retired -

Main IGN:
    Kaybek
    Alt IGN::
    Dranak
    Battle.Net Tag:
    Kaybek#1468
    Ranger.

Support, DPS, "Druid" build
  3. Bushnikov

Bushnikov Benefactor, Guild Wars 2 Council Member

Main IGN:
    Bushnikov
    Alt IGN::
    Senzu
    Battle.Net Tag:
    Bushnikov#1977
    just realized you put HotS hehehe SOON(tm)
  4. CharlieJ

CharlieJ Guild Wars 2 Council Member

Main IGN:
    Korliena
    Battle.Net Tag:
    Alkaron#1168
    hahaha well look at that, and yes SOON(tm) indeed. Was watching a stream when I made this so makes sense at least