[Sep 14, 2012] [Sept. 14, 2012] tPvP Night Holmes (Heart of the Mists)

Discussion in 'Past Events' started by CharlieJ, Sep 10, 2012.

1. CharlieJ

CharlieJ Guild Wars 2 Council Member

Main IGN:
    Korliena
    Battle.Net Tag:
    Alkaron#1168
    Hey everybody!

I had gotten myself interested in seeing how tournament PvP works and thought "hey why not see who else might" and start planning some events. For those that don't know what tPvP is, it is just 8 teams of 5 players each in single elimination rounds and the top 4 receive prizes in the Open Tournament (free).

1st place Prize: Tournament chest with some phat loots
    2nd Place Prize: Gold Chest
    3rd Place Prize: Silver Chest
    4th Place Prize: Copper Chest
    (Win you first elimination and you will receive at least copper chest)

We have some interest and the most common night was Wednesday and Friday. We figured Friday might be best for this since we have sPvP and WvWvW night the night before this. This way it can be utilized as a form of a warm-up/practice for the next day.

Please when you sign up reply with what type of build you plan to play with which disc.

Types being:
    -Support melee and ranged
    -Damage melee and ranged

e.g. "I'll be there with Damien Amiro Thief Damage melee"

We would like to get the team set up for 2 support (1 melee 1 ranged) and 3 damage (1 melee 2 ranged/misc). A few of us have discussed this would probably be the optimal team make up. Now obviously we won't work to have this every time. We would like to see an even cycle so each player can get in an equal amount of play time in each tournament. Also help explore the different types of synergies out there with all the different play styles and I am sure there are an abundance of them.

Each tournament starts when enough players sign up and there is a 5 minute wait/prep window before you first match begins. This will take time in-between each tournament so for those of you who may not being going in first round I would suggest that you sPvP with the others to have a warm up/practice until you are cycled in.

I would love to see some interest in this especially since this is free tournament play and you can get some very nice looking gear from this as long as you place in top 4. I hope to see you all there I know I am planning my week around making sure I will be there for this because I am super excited about some tPvP action with you all. :D Enjoy your week!

Charlie
  2. CharlieJ

Main IGN:
    Korliena
    Battle.Net Tag:
    Alkaron#1168
    I'll be there with Damien Amiro Thief Damage melee
  3. Bushnikov

Bushnikov Benefactor, Guild Wars 2 Council Member

Main IGN:
    Bushnikov
    Alt IGN::
    Senzu
    Battle.Net Tag:
    Bushnikov#1977
    I'll be there
    Bushnikov-Necromancer
    Damage-ranged or Support-heal/misc
  4. Areli

Areli Founder, Administrator Staff Member

Main IGN:
    Areli
    can't commit yet, but I'm very interested in this Charlie. thanks for the full write-up on it!
  5. CharlieJ

Main IGN:
    Korliena
    Battle.Net Tag:
    Alkaron#1168
    No prob kev, hope to see you there :D
  6. Bitter

Bitter Silent Spring

Main IGN:
    Bitter
    Battle.Net Tag:
    Bitter#1131
    Bitter - Engineer
    Damage Ranged and Melee
  7. Kaybek

Kaybek -Mostly Retired -

Main IGN:
    Kaybek
    Dranak
    Battle.Net Tag:
    Kaybek#1468
  8. VegetaVarnay

VegetaVarnay Founder, Administrator "Malgus Disciple" Staff Member

Battle.Net Tag:
    Vegeta#1673
    Good work Charlie!!!
    I'll be there with Unstoppable Guardian Melee/Range DPS as well as support.
  9. Foxy

Foxy Founder, Administrator Staff Member

Main IGN:
    Foxy
    Battle.Net Tag:
    Foxy#1732
    My son has a big football game against Marist, at Marist, about an hour drive from my house, so I'll be there instead watching him in his new role as a Tailback.

I'll be on later though, to see how it all went!!
    Areli likes this.
  10. Bushnikov

Bushnikov Benefactor, Guild Wars 2 Council Member

Main IGN:
    Bushnikov
    Senzu
    Battle.Net Tag:
    Bushnikov#1977
    Computer's acting up so i'm not sure if it will be stable enough to risk in tournament play. May have to back out this week. I'll try to be around in case you guys are down one so we can at least try it.
  11. Donatien1800

Donatien1800 Council

Main IGN:
    Elizabet
    Not sure whether I can make it. Internet went out at work today, so it was/still is crazy.
  12. CharlieJ

Main IGN:
    Korliena
    Battle.Net Tag:
    Alkaron#1168
    It is fine. If we are cycling people you don't have to be playing a lot either, right now we have 5ish for sure so any of the others would be sPvP or whatever while they wait for another round. We shall see how it all turns out
  13. CharlieJ

Main IGN:
    Korliena
    Battle.Net Tag:
    Alkaron#1168
    Thoughts and Reflections: Best team make up: 5 mesmers, asura, same exact appearance, names similar (e.g. déseante>deséante>deseanté>déseânte>deseânte) they will have no idea what the heck to do
  14. Areli

Areli Founder, Administrator Staff Member

Main IGN:
    Areli
    sorry I missed it. Joy and I went to bed early as we are up super early today for something important.

Charlie, your mesmer idea sounds like an awful lot of fun. should we all make mesmers and try the name variation? If so, I'm in. let's get a good name we can make variations off of!
  15. Kaybek

Kaybek -Mostly Retired -

Main IGN:
    Kaybek
    Dranak
    Battle.Net Tag:
    Kaybek#1468
    Sounds like fun!