Marvel Heroes...

Discussion in 'Public Discussions' started by Borknagar, Dec 21, 2012.

1. Powerdrunk

Powerdrunk Founder, Administrator Staff Member

Main IGN:
    Salander
    I will take the game for a spin but I do not have head-start.

On top of that, I am moving to Cairns at the end of this week to take up a new job, will be trying to find a place to move into, will be waiting on a new internet connection etc.

TLDR: I intend to try it, but don't wait up! :)
    Borknagar likes this.
  2. Foxy

Foxy Founder, Administrator Staff Member

Main IGN:
    Foxy
    Battle.Net Tag:
    Foxy#1732
    I might be in...we'll see.
  3. Borknagar

Borknagar Member

Main IGN:
    Borknagar
  4. Powerdrunk

Main IGN:
    Salander
    So what's the verdict? Worth the download?

P.S. Great to be back online.
  5. VegetaVarnay

VegetaVarnay Founder, Administrator "Malgus Disciple" Staff Member

Battle.Net Tag:
    Vegeta#1673
    Welcome back Duncan, if you want something to due sure I guess but I've only played it once, nothing game breaking for me.
  6. Borknagar

Borknagar Member

Main IGN:
    Borknagar
    WB! I've been enjoying the game quite a bit. Vegeta is correct, it isn't ground breaking but i think it's fun. If you like Diablo and Ultimate Alliance you well probably enjoy this. Plus it is free.
  7. Borknagar

Borknagar Member

Main IGN:
    Borknagar
    Finished the main story line today. After that, dailies open up for you which allows you to re-play your missions on 3 different setting. I'm really liking this game.
  8. Powerdrunk

Main IGN:
    Salander
    Hmmm to download or not to download. 11 gigs!
  9. Bitter

Bitter Silent Spring

Main IGN:
    Bitter
    Battle.Net Tag:
    Bitter#1131
    I wasn't a huge fan. Take away the Marvel skins and its a very poor diablo knockoff. Skill trees are laughable. I honestly couldn't tell you if the story is any good as I just tabbed through it all. They lost me in the tutorial. Enemies just continually spawn out of the ether at ridiculous rates. I've already uninstalled it.

Side note: Unepic being sold on steam for about $7 has been a ton of fun for an indie game. default controls had to be totally remapped but getting my monies worth out of it.
  10. Borknagar

Borknagar Member

Main IGN:
    Borknagar
    Why would you say the skill trills are laughable? Just curious.... I've leveled Deadpool to 27 and some of his skills are really nice.

Yes, the enemies do respawn quickly, but that is in public areas. In the instances they do not respawn, unless you leave the instance and come back.
  11. Bitter

Bitter Silent Spring

Main IGN:
    Bitter
    Battle.Net Tag:
    Bitter#1131
    I played Hawkeye. One tree was just a basic +dmg, +crit, +whatever tree with fancy archery names. Second tree had a handful of different arrow types. The last tree was all melee skills. No synergies, never had that 'should I take this over that' feeling. It felt cookie cutter and uninspired.

Do you feel like there is any replayability here? With D2 I loved making more toons and running through the game with them. Hell I still have it loaded and play once in awhile. I'd even play D3 again before this one. Just my opinion I know. Maybe i'm looking for too much.
  12. Borknagar

Borknagar Member

Main IGN:
    Borknagar
    I think there is a ton of replayability with this game. I finished the story with Deadpool, now I'm trying to figure out who to play next. Each character plays differently because there aren't set roles.

I never used Hawkeye though, so maybe he's a little different. Dead pool's skills seem to have a purpose and are used together. I also know I have to make decisions on what skills to use.