Marvel Heroes...

Discussion in 'Public Discussions' started by Borknagar, Dec 21, 2012.

1. Borknagar

Borknagar Member

Main IGN:
    Borknagar
    Anyone going to try this out when it is released? It is a multi-player online role playing adventure game similar to Diablo set in the Marvel universe.

Here is some gameplay:

Cannot render media site: you may be running an outdated version of XenForo

Looks good to me and will be trying this out for sure.
  2. Borknagar

Borknagar Member

Main IGN:
    Borknagar
    Developer diaries:

3. Foxy

Foxy Founder, Administrator Staff Member

Main IGN:
    Foxy
    Battle.Net Tag:
    Foxy#1732
    I've been thinking about it, but still not sure yet, Ed!
  4. Borknagar

Borknagar Member

Main IGN:
    Borknagar
    I'm keeping an eye on the game. Seems like it might be some fun, especially since the price is right!
  5. Borknagar

Borknagar Member

Main IGN:
    Borknagar
    The released their Founders program where you can buy character packs. I'm interested in maybe buying one of the $20 packs, but I'm a little hesitant after joining the Mechwarrior founders program and not really liking the game and getting nothing out of it. Blurgh...
  6. Borknagar

Borknagar Member

Main IGN:
    Borknagar
    If anyone wants a beta key for this weekend, go to alienwarearena.com and sign up for their site. Once you do that, they give you a key for this weekends beta. :)
  7. Powerdrunk

Powerdrunk Founder, Administrator Staff Member

Main IGN:
    Salander
    thanks for the heads-up. :)
  8. Borknagar

Borknagar Member

Main IGN:
    Borknagar
    Did you get a key? I absolutely can not wait for the weekend now!
  9. Foxy

Main IGN:
    Foxy
    Battle.Net Tag:
    Foxy#1732
    Got a key, installed the game, than saw I can ONLY play this weekend. Rats.......

My son has qualified for the State Championship for wrestling in his age bracket. Therefore, I'll be out of town for most of the weekend watching him amaze me again with his abilities in wrestling. If he wins, he goes to Nationals, but I surely do not want to put the cart before the horse on this one! Hoping he does very well with all the effort he's put into wrestling this season for his school!

So, not sure if I'll have a chance at all for the game.

Enjoy it though!
  10. Borknagar

Borknagar Member

Main IGN:
    Borknagar
    Bummer to hear you won't be able to play but awesome to hear about your son. Good luck with the matches this weekend!
  11. Powerdrunk

Powerdrunk Founder, Administrator Staff Member

Main IGN:
    Salander
    Haven't made an effort to pick up a key. . . tbh, diablo/torchlight style games never seem to hold my attention for longer than a week. Let me know if this is different.

Bob gl to your son at the comps. I can just imagine how proud you must be!
  12. Borknagar

Borknagar Member

Main IGN:
    Borknagar
    If anyone wants to try the game out, here is a key for this upcoming weekend. 12 hour game time for Saturday and Sunday. Go to Marvelheroes.com, create an account and redeem the key in your profile.

IGN2-TGAX-OU6B-SNBT
  13. Foxy

Main IGN:
    Foxy
    Battle.Net Tag:
    Foxy#1732
    I played it this past weekend, well, Saturday anyway since I was working Sunday. Game seemed ok, and actually fun, until a quest bugged, and you couldn't go much further.

All in all, I like it so far.
  14. Borknagar

Borknagar Member

Main IGN:
    Borknagar
    Where did you bug? Did you let the developers know? Which character were you using? You plan on playing again this weekend? Sorry for all the questions! :p

I have tried quite a few guys: Deadpool (who I will use at game start), Hawkeye, Scarlet Witch, Rocket Racoon, Punisher, Thor, Wolverine, and Spider-man. To me, it seems that the range guys are easier to use compared to the melee characters. Especially against the big bosses (Electro, Venom, Rhino).
  15. Foxy

Main IGN:
    Foxy
    Battle.Net Tag:
    Foxy#1732
    I was using Storm, and it was the Hood quest on the freighter. We couldn't get to the freighter, so the quest could not be completed.

Yes, it was reported. And that was the only character I tried, as my time was limited this weekend.
  16. Borknagar

Borknagar Member

Main IGN:
    Borknagar
    You couldn't find the freighter, or you did find it and couldn't get on? I had a heck of a time finding it also, it's tucked away on the very NW corner of the map.

You playing tonight?
  17. Foxy

Main IGN:
    Foxy
    Battle.Net Tag:
    Foxy#1732
    Well, I first could not find it, than supposedly all of us were at the spot where you'd get on and could not get on it. Too many opinions in game as to where the freighter was and how to get on, lol, so I just logged off until a fix was made for it.

I was working last night so was not able to play. Let me know when you'd like to give it a go again and I'd be more than happy to spend a bit of time in it. :)
  18. JERamsay

JERamsay Member

Main IGN:
    Ramsay
    Alt IGN::
    Athlaen
    I'm not sure how I feel about this game honestly. What turns me off is the fact I'm playing as a hero/heroine already known, not making my own custom hero and building it up.
  19. Foxy

Main IGN:
    Foxy
    Battle.Net Tag:
    Foxy#1732
    I still had fun playing it on Saturday. I know it's a beta, and there is still work to be done, so I'm giving it a chance.

As to making your own hero/heroine, that wasn't something I expected at all. I'm enjoying Storm atm.
  20. Borknagar

Borknagar Member

Main IGN:
    Borknagar
    Game is a little over a week away, who is in? I have early access starting on the 30th and would like to set up the guild (if no one objects). I will have to see what is required to do so.