League of Legends

Discussion in 'Public Discussions' started by Fellclaw, Apr 25, 2013.

1. Fellclaw

Fellclaw Member

Main IGN:
    Needle
    I am looking for a little information about LoL. I just downloaded it and was wondering if that game is n00b friendly and if there was a steep learning curve. Also whats one of the easier to learn champions to try out at fisrs. Any help or insight would be appreciated.
  2. Bushnikov

Bushnikov Benefactor, Guild Wars 2 Council Member

Main IGN:
    Bushnikov
    Alt IGN::
    Senzu
    Battle.Net Tag:
    Bushnikov#1977
    There is quite a steep learning curve if you want to get good but you can have fun doing whatever. It's not as bad as say, Starcraft, but it's one of those games that is pretty easy to learn, hard to master. This does also depend on what champions you choose to play. You should try out a bunch of the free ones that they rotate and see what play style you like (tanky melee, assassins, ranged damage/carry, caster/mage). Anything that says recommended is good to try first. You can also pay attention to the champion difficulty bars and maybe learn some easier ones first.

I would say the first things to learn would be champion skills, the laning and tower objectives (main objective is to push your lane and take towers along the way, eventually destroying their base/"nexus"), last hitting the neutral creeps that push these lanes(you get experience from being around those defeated, but you get bonus gold for getting the last hit on them), and you should learn about the items and item builds for your champion. I would suggest playing custom games or co op vs AI for a bit until you get comfortable with the basics. Any other questions feel free to ask. My name in game is Bushnikov if you want to add me. Also, you can refer to sites like solomid.net for champion info, item builds, skill order, etc.

gl hf
  3. Fellclaw

Fellclaw Member

Main IGN:
    Needle
    Thank you very much for the information, I appreciate it.
  4. Foxy

Foxy Founder, Administrator Staff Member

Main IGN:
    Foxy
    Battle.Net Tag:
    Foxy#1732
    Most of us that do play have "noob" accounts, so learning can be a bit easier if you let us know when you play. This way, we can join you and at least give you a tad bit of advice regarding the game, and what to do.

I'm not a great player in the game, but Charlie/Animeus, Matt/Balzary, Bryant/Donatien, and Jesse/R3v3lation are very very good, and can give you a LOT more insight than I.
  5. Fellclaw

Fellclaw Member

Main IGN:
    Needle
    I was hoping to play some last few days, but have been busy at work and watching Bruins tonight, maybe next week i'll give it a shot, or hopefully NW is really good and I will be doing that!
  6. Vraith

Vraith Member

Main IGN:
    Vraith
    They are called smurfs Foxy!!! :) And hello my friend. I will say when you are playing on your own practice BOT matches until you get the hang of it. Only when you can get the hang of a few champs will you truly get the hang of it imo. On the plus side you will get a chance to play a wide variety of champs as they tend to rotate on a weekly basis.

On another note I am new here and I saw this. I recently have gotten back here to put in my application and I am hoping to get a chance to meet everyone. So I am, if able, going to go make an introduction thread.
  7. Foxy

Foxy Founder, Administrator Staff Member

Main IGN:
    Foxy
    Battle.Net Tag:
    Foxy#1732
    Ok ok, SMURFS, yes, we have SMURF accounts! Sorry, but just saying it has me seeing little blue guys running around!