Approved JERamsay's Membership Application

Discussion in 'Accepted Applications' started by JERamsay, Apr 24, 2013.

1. JERamsay

JERamsay Member

Main IGN:
    Ramsay
    Alt IGN::
    Athlaen
    Do you agree to abide by the Rules and Code of Conduct?
    Yes

Which age group do you fall in?
    22-30

Gaming History
    My gaming history is VERY extensive. I have played almost every MMO there is at least once. I started out playing Ultima Online when I was about 12 years old. However, the games I played the longest were Dark Age of Camelot for a combined total of 8 years or so. After that, I went to World of Warcraft which I played for a total of about 3 years. Dark Age of Camelot is my all time favorite MMO due to the comradery it entailed, and of course the RvR. I would say I have been gaming for close to 13 years now total.

The types of games I enjoy playing are ones based on Medieval fantasy. Swords, sorcery, thieves, castles and legendary beasts to slay. I love dungeon crawling with friends, and collecting long forgotten treasure and fighting mighty beasts of legend. I have been known to dabble in the Sci Fi genre of games, which is still fun, but what I described is what I tend to gravitate towards.

Previous Guilds?
    The guild I remember the most and compare a lot of other guilds to is the one I was part of in Dark Age of Camelot. The guild was called Le Pact Des Loupes. Which I believe roughly translates into The pack of wolves, or The Wolf Pack. They were not a french speaking guild, but they were like a second family to me. We used to do everything together, whether it was dungeons for loot, keeps for seals or just hanging out and dueling each other for fun. There was never a moment when I logged in and people didn't converse with each other.

I have struggled finding a guild where the sense of comradery is very present, where you not just another face in the crowd; you are actually somebody that people know and recognize when you talk to the guild.

Which game are you most interested in playing with Ascendancy?
    NeverWinter

Your expectations of Ascendancy?
    My expectations of Ascendancy are for you to follow through with what you promote. You say your tight-knit, family friendly and casual. I want you guys to get to know me, and maybe become friends even beyond the games we may play together. We are all human beings after all. :)

What brought me to you guys was the way you broadcasted yourselves to the people. You made your points very clear, and you stated what you do and who you are. What really caught my eye was the Family-friendly, Drama free and tight knit group of people. I want that SO badly, because for me that is what really makes MMORPG's fun.. the times you spend with the other people you consider friends.

How did you hear about Ascendancy?
    Our Recruiting Thread

Explain Other

Who, if anyone, referred you to Ascendancy?
    No one reffered me.

Your preferred name?
    John

Any children joining us with you?
    Not currently. I do have a 17 year old Step-son who "Might" join later, but that is a VERY big might.
  2. VegetaVarnay

VegetaVarnay Founder, Administrator "Malgus Disciple" Staff Member

Battle.Net Tag:
    Vegeta#1673
    Hello John I'm glad you're interested in our community and hope it one day soon becomes yours as well. I'll be sending you our Mumble info in a minute feel free to hope on and chat with whoever is there. I'll be on myself around 3:30 or 4 (get off work early) for a few hours before I spend time with the wife.
  3. JERamsay

JERamsay Member

Main IGN:
    Ramsay
    Athlaen
    I get off work 5pm EST. Is that 3:30 - 4 EST as well? Either way I will log on and chat with people on there. :) Thanks for the quick reply Vegeta!
  4. VegetaVarnay

VegetaVarnay Founder, Administrator "Malgus Disciple" Staff Member

Battle.Net Tag:
    Vegeta#1673
    I try to stay on top of the forums while I'm at work when I get a chance here and there. I am EST so yeah but don't rush many of us although we're a small group are on at night anyways. I'll just take a nap :) and be on around 5:30 or 6 pm.
  5. JERamsay

JERamsay Member

Main IGN:
    Ramsay
    Athlaen
    That is what I am doing as well! Working and checking forums. :p See you around 5:30 - 6!
  6. Foxy

Foxy Founder, Administrator Staff Member

Main IGN:
    Foxy
    Battle.Net Tag:
    Foxy#1732
    Hi John, and thanks for applying to our little home here!! I hope to get to know you a bit better down the road!

Tonight I have a retirement party for a good friend of mine, so I'll be on a bit later than you guys will.

Hope to see you than!!

Bob