Greetings Everyone

Discussion in 'Public Discussions' started by Vraith, Jun 12, 2013.

1. Vraith

Vraith Member

Main IGN:
    Vraith
    Well, how do I start this?

A few months back I had gotten a chance to game with an old friend...well to Protect his name for now, Boxy. Anyways, ^_~ I had told said friend that I wouldn't mind joining a gaming community, especially considering said gaming community played more then 1 game. (This has been the bane of my existence.)

Why you ask?

Well to be honest only a handful of games have ever held my attention for long until I get bored for a bit and have to switch up before going back to said game. Since, I did tend to go back to those games, the guilds/clans that I had joined had disappeared, or were filled up with a roster of people I did not know, and those who were in it, were now "retired" or "afk from the game."

Well I believe when I became interested in Ascendancy, this was around the time that F....ooops I mean Boxy had just started playing LoL or had been for a little while at least, and I tried to apply.

Unfortunately either there was an issue with the application or my internet because it didnt want to go through. So I figured I would wait a bit and try again later. Unfortunately life caught up with me and I was quite busy to the point that I had honestly and sadly forgotten about it. However, after a long time, the day finally arrived when I was thinking to myself, "was there something I was supposed to be doing?" And alas I am here.

Anyways with the story over,

My name is Ben. I have been PC gaming since I was 12. The first major game that I played on a daily basis was America's Army 2.0ish. The first clan I had ever joined was in that game and they went by the name of Elite Task Force (EtF). They had a strict no one under the age of 18 was allowed to join. But I was persistent and continued to play with that ragtag group until I was finally let in. O had been playing with them Since I was 16ish and I was finally let in at 17. Around the same time was when I met Foxy as I believe we were invited roughly around the same time. He had been playing with EtF for quite some time too. So I have known him for 7-8 years and I must say I trust his judgement, and for him to call this his home says a lot.

My main goal as I have said was to find a community that did not just focus on one game. I see that you are not and I can see you are playing a few of my favorite games and I would love to have more people that play them. On another note, I also hope you dont mind when I do focus on one game, because that has only happened once, and that was when I was play AA. Since then I have always left a game I was playing and gone back. Right now though I have been playing a lot of LoL as ADC Cait/Ez are my mains usually. Though I can play all ADCs quite well. Swtor I am off and on in. I currently have a guild that I made in it, but I have handed the guild over to my officers so that we could do a rotation of leadership so that it would not get stale. However, atm I have lost my interest in the game to focus more on LoL.

My name is Ben, and I am more then glad to be called that or by any of my gamer names/tags.

Foxy calls me Ben, though he sometimes calls me Benny:Wolf/y. Until I get to know you better I would prefer if you did not call me by that. There is a reason, not being mean about it just I would prefer you not to is all until I get to know you better.

I am 25, work full time, probably at times will be working on my degree here and there.
    I have a girlfriend who I have been with for almost 4 years, and when I feel the time is right has a ring waiting for her. I am nice, funny(I think so), and tend to get along with everyone. Around the time when I used to game with Foxy I used to get angry a lot but that had more or less been me being frustrated with how things were going in my life, and have since been able to move past it. My sleep schedule can be very...hmmm... rampant at times, so there sometimes may not be a dedicated time that I am online. However, that has been in the process of being fixed now that I will have a set work schedule. Oh, another thing... I talk a lot. And apparently type a lot to.

With that I will end this and if you have any questions feel free to ask. I hope to get to know as many of you as I can and hope to hear from someone soon. :)
  2. Vraith

Vraith Member

Main IGN:
    Vraith
    On a quick note for SWTOR, which server are you on? Because if I need to I can reroll until they have server swaps. I am on Prophecy of the Five.
  3. Bushnikov

Bushnikov Benefactor, Guild Wars 2 Council Member

Main IGN:
    Bushnikov
    Alt IGN::
    Senzu
    Battle.Net Tag:
    Bushnikov#1977
    Hey Ben! I've seen you around back then and still have you friended on LoL. I'm always up for playing so feel free to message me. I'm always between games too so I'll play anything.

What kind of work do you do? What are your interests degree-wise? What other things do you like to do in your free time besides gaming?

It's great to have you here and I look forward to talking and playing with you more. Any friend of Bob is a friend of mine.
    And we're on the Jedi Covenant server now in swtor.
  4. Foxy

Foxy Founder, Administrator Staff Member

Main IGN:
    Foxy
    Battle.Net Tag:
    Foxy#1732
    Very nice intro there Ben! You've certainly come a LONG way from your AA days when I first met you. Suffice it to say, I was lucky enough to witness the "transformation", and it was a good one!

Hop on mumble and get to know folks. Though there may not be a lot on at any given time, we're always in and out so be patient!
  5. Vraith

Vraith Member

Main IGN:
    Vraith
    Right now I work full at a gas station on nights. Not too many jobs around this area, but I make due. I have been working on getting a degree in computer networking but I plan on switching to web development and I am getting an Associates degree to start off. Plan on getting a portfolio of my work set up and then plan to hopefully get some internships. If possible I will get a few certificates that will make my overall degree a bachelors.

Besides gaming I tend to spend my time with my girlfriend and two of my buddies Brian and Jesse. Fox knows them as jimbob and blindeye. Atm though Jesse is finishing up his AirForce job training, and after a brief visit I will not be seeing him for awhile. Aside from that, just gaming, relaxing, and working lol.

Yeah I will have to hit you up sometime, right now I have been practicing my but off in regulars with my ADCs so that I can jump into the silver bracket and work my way to gold. Luckily I have Jimbob to give me as he is already there.

I am glad you liked it Foxy, and yes I still have the mumble info and as soon as I am able I will jump on.

As far as the SWTOR thing I might hold off on joining you guys if BW decides to allow pay to move to a server. Mainly because I dont really want to level a whole new set of chars up but if I must I will. Till then LoL for me.
  6. Bushnikov

Bushnikov Benefactor, Guild Wars 2 Council Member

Main IGN:
    Bushnikov
    Alt IGN::
    Senzu
    Battle.Net Tag:
    Bushnikov#1977
    Sounds good. You've got to do what you have to. I have a 3 day weekend starting tomorrow from work so ill mostly be on LoL. I'll be in mumble too so you can always find me. I need to start my ranked career so I'll be solo or duo queuing depending or if we get more then i can do that. I main support so it'd be cool to play with you as adc
  7. VegetaVarnay

VegetaVarnay Founder, Administrator "Malgus Disciple" Staff Member

Battle.Net Tag:
    Vegeta#1673
    Nice intro champ!