Game of Thrones

Discussion in 'Books, Music, TV, and Film' started by Dane, Apr 5, 2012.

1. Barbarella

Barbarella Guest

"noble" is a great word for Jon. I wish GRRM would release more info about Jon's background. I know we are given clues as to it but some solid answers would be nice
  2. Dane

Dane Former Member

Main IGN:
    Quarin
    Alt IGN::
    Foeshizzle
    Battle.Net Tag:
    Dane#1465
    we got two more books coming. i think Jon is gonna end up on the iron throne married to Dany. that's my prediction. oh... and if JS is dead by the end of book for then i don't want to know.
  3. Barbarella

Barbarella Guest

"all roads lead to kings landing". ;)
  4. Dane

Dane Former Member

Main IGN:
    Quarin
    Foeshizzle
    Battle.Net Tag:
    Dane#1465
    and a Lannister always pays his debt.
  5. Braandr_Kyle

Braandr_Kyle Former Member

Main IGN:
    Braandr
    Kaesyl
    ...and Crom always laughs at you!
  6. JBeleren

JBeleren Former Member

Main IGN:
    JBeleren
    Nevere
    Battle.Net Tag:
    NightReach#1802
    snow marrying stormborn is too disney happy ending esque, also he took a oath of celibecy joining nights watch, but u never know

MAJOR SPOILERS (highlight the following text if you're up to speed)

Dany might stay in the east and unite all the free cities, and Aegon (Rhaegar's son) will rule westeros with Tyrion as the Hand, and Jon guarding the north. Too bad Robb died, he would have made an amazing military commander. (The ending i like the most, i think).

Actually if Snow was actually Rhaegar and Lyanna's son, marrying Dany would be like aunt and niece (though i guess thats not too far-fetched for that house). Also we dont know if he survives the betrayal (I think he will, but you never know, he might be permanaetly crippled). Honestly I like Jon up north, he symbolizes everything northerner cherish, strong, capable, independent, honorable. Rather than stick him in Kings landing with politics, I personally like him guarding the north, cuz he is the embodiment of the Wall, the Bastion of civilization. Also of all the Stark children, Jon is the most similar to Ned.

END SPOILERS

Battle is blackwater is going to be EPIC, though it is also starts Tyrion's fall from grace. I just dont understand how can Tywin be so ignorant to see that out of all his children, Tyrion is the most politically capable.
  7. Barbarella

Barbarella Guest

Tyson's judgement is do clouded when it comes to his kids tho. tyrion basically ruined his life. The death of his wife in the birthing bed was a huge blow to him. Plus his only goal was the iron throne and no way would he allow tyrion to hold it. tyrion was a stain on the family.

Now for the other stuff. The dragon must have three heads. (only because I dont have time to go more in depth)
  8. Dane

Dane Former Member

Main IGN:
    Quarin
    Foeshizzle
    Battle.Net Tag:
    Dane#1465
    nice work with the spoilers there, kyle. enough info to get me thinking... but not enough to really spoil anything. i'm halfway through book 4, so i'm not sure if there is stuff you were mentioning happens in book 5 or not. if so, then please don't elaborate... heh.

and regarding Jon and his vow of celibacy... (spoiler) he's watch commander. he can do whatever he wants, right? (end spoiler)
  9. JBeleren

JBeleren Former Member

Main IGN:
    JBeleren
    Nevere
    Battle.Net Tag:
    NightReach#1802
    I dont even remember what happens in which book, since i read them all in 1 go. =/
  10. Dane

Dane Former Member

Main IGN:
    Quarin
    Foeshizzle
    Battle.Net Tag:
    Dane#1465
    they are just so epic in scope. i'm not sure how anyone could absorb the entire thing in one reading.
  11. Braandr_Kyle

Main IGN:
    Braandr
    Kaesyl
    A vow is a vow. At least that's the way I look at it.
  12. Barbarella

Barbarella Guest

I don't think Jon needs to break any vows. Or maybe perhaps he takes the lady stoneheart route? Maybe that fixes it? My guess is R'hllor will be involved in his future
  13. Dane

Dane Former Member

Main IGN:
    Quarin
    Foeshizzle
    Battle.Net Tag:
    Dane#1465
    kinda disappointed with this week's episode. they deviated from the books a little too much for my taste. (spoiler) the dragons never get stolen in the books. it's total BS and i do not know why they would do that. (end spoilers)

i don't mind a bit of plot manipulation to make the novel conform to the TV show format. moving things around or taking out huge chunks is okay because it just has to be done to fit the format of a TV show... but to actually change the plot to something that didn't even happen in the books tends to really bug me. my feeling is that the book is awesome. why change it at this point? there may be a greater reason for it in this case, but right now, i'm not too happy about it.
    Braandr_Kyle likes this.
  14. Barbarella

Barbarella Guest

I think it's an interesting turn of events but I don't think it will make a huge rift in the plot.

I'm more concerned about the Arya/little finger situation. You can't just leave that and move on. Littlefinger is not that type of man.
  15. Dane

Dane Former Member

Main IGN:
    Quarin
    Foeshizzle
    Battle.Net Tag:
    Dane#1465
    yeah. i'm trying to think of what comes next with Littlefinger. knowledge is power and he will keep it to himself until it becomes advantageous to tell someone about it.
  16. Barbarella

Barbarella Guest

Littlefingers weakness is Caitlyn tho. But they have a short window to use that plot line.
  17. Barbarella

Barbarella Guest

Scott!! Are you caught up?? Only two episodes left and next week is the black water
  18. Dane

Dane Former Member

Main IGN:
    Quarin
    Foeshizzle
    Battle.Net Tag:
    Dane#1465
    i haven't seen this week. prolly watch it tonight before the raid. i have issues with the primary HBO channel, so i have to DVR off HBO West. i don't get a good copy of it until 12 am Monday. usually catch up on Tuesday. can't wait to see this week's ep. last week had like 4 cliff hangers... tho i pretty much know what's going to happen it's still fun to see.
  19. Braandr_Kyle

Main IGN:
    Braandr
    Kaesyl
    Scott,

Try HBOGO.com.
  20. Zeuriel

Zeuriel Council

Main IGN:
    Zeuriel