Game of Thrones

Discussion in 'Books, Music, TV, and Film' started by Dane, Apr 5, 2012.

1. Dane

Dane Former Member

Main IGN:
    Quarin
    Alt IGN::
    Foeshizzle
    Battle.Net Tag:
    Dane#1465
    this thread might be more fun if we do talk spoilers... heh.

so far, weeks 1 and 2 have been awesome. my regular HBO doesn't come in well, so i have to DVR the new episodes on HBOWest... so they show at midnight my time. that means i don't get to watch them until monday or later. i've heard ep 3 is awesome. can't wait to see it tonight.
  2. Barbarella

Barbarella Guest

I cant watch it until wednesday.. because Stern wont let me. Im tempted to just watch it and act like I didnt. Bad wife.. I know
  3. Braandr_Kyle

Braandr_Kyle Former Member

Main IGN:
    Braandr
    Kaesyl
    HBOgo.com FTW!
  4. Braandr_Kyle

Main IGN:
    Braandr
    Kaesyl
    I will say that last nights episode was awesome
  5. Dane

Dane Former Member

Main IGN:
    Quarin
    Foeshizzle
    Battle.Net Tag:
    Dane#1465
    so funny. yeah, i'd prolly be pissed if my SO watched it without me. then again... just don't tell him, ya know.
  6. Dane

Dane Former Member

Main IGN:
    Quarin
    Foeshizzle
    Battle.Net Tag:
    Dane#1465
    too funny.

[​IMG]
    Balzary likes this.
  7. Eldarain

Eldarain Member

Main IGN:
    Zhavoth
    Too funny. I literally laughed out loud when I got to the Dubya picture.
  8. Barbarella

Barbarella Guest

Same exact reaction. I rarely LoL but that one did it
  9. Foxy

Foxy Founder, Administrator Staff Member

Main IGN:
    Foxy
    Battle.Net Tag:
    Foxy#1732
    hehe......good analogies there!!
  10. Barbarella

Barbarella Guest

I watched 3,4 and 1/2 of 5 last night when the servers went down. I like the little changes that they are making (except for maybe aryas) As expected, the Jaqen H'ghar character is really interesting to me. I'll be interested to see how much they focus on the blood mummers especially since they make an appearance in Jaimes story line. Vargo hoat seems like just a freakishly weird and gross character.
  11. Barbarella

Barbarella Guest

Ok. I finished episode 5. And completely forgot that dany goes to see the warlocks in Qarth. I can't wait to see how they do that. I just don't remember if it's this book or the next :(
  12. Dane

Dane Former Member

Main IGN:
    Quarin
    Foeshizzle
    Battle.Net Tag:
    Dane#1465
    it's this book for sure. i think by the end of this book she... oh wait. no spoilers ;)
  13. JBeleren

JBeleren Former Member

Main IGN:
    JBeleren
    Nevere
    Battle.Net Tag:
    NightReach#1802
    Tyrion is just a brilliant and immensely complex character (and obviously my favorite, when he slaps joffery in season one at first it was like okay, but later on it was like wayyy to go Tyrion) . Though i feel like he is more serious in the book than in the TV, which I like both versions (peter is a brillant actor for him). And the comparison to cobert is so true.
  14. Barbarella

Barbarella Guest

A lot of tyrions dialog is straight from the book tho. I think they have to kind of up is personality because they won't touch on the real background with him. They have a lot to cover in the 10 episodes and his role is so huge next season. With only 5 episodes left it will be interesting to see what they focus on etc
  15. Dane

Dane Former Member

Main IGN:
    Quarin
    Foeshizzle
    Battle.Net Tag:
    Dane#1465
    yeah. they have, for lack of a better term, "dumbed down" alot of the content. obviously they have to. i totally agree with you kyle. at this point in the books i don't think Tyrion is as likeable as he is in the show (at this point).

i am noticing more changes in this season than before. it's not really a bad thing, because they are very much keeping with the true nature/motivation of the characters. IMO this is the way to make an adaption... unlike Walking Dead... which is just horrible.

i really like Brianne. i think the actress they got to play her is just perfect. she is freakin huge!

oh yeah. it's all culminating here really quickly. i have a hard time remembering what happens in which book. if i'm not mistaken, the attack on kings landing happens this book (sorry... that shouldn't be too much of a spoiler). that should be truly epic. one word... pyromancer!
  16. Barbarella

Barbarella Guest

I just looked it up. The actress who plays brienne is 6'3". Which is nuts. Alex (stern) is 6'4" which is tall even for a man. But a woman that tall, crazy. They say she was a gymnast as a child. I can't imagine someone that tall as a gymnast.

But yeah. The blackwater is episode 9 and episode 10 is called "valar morghulis" if that gives an idea of what is up. :)

It just seems almost impossible to get all they need to cover in the next 5 hours. Arya, bran/rickon, Jon, Jaime, tyrion, Sansa, and dany. Each one could have an episode to themselves with the amount of story left to tell.
    Dane likes this.
  17. Dane

Dane Former Member

Main IGN:
    Quarin
    Foeshizzle
    Battle.Net Tag:
    Dane#1465
    yeah. the end of this season should be pretty awesome. i can't, for the life of me, even say which book is my favorite. i think i'm kinda partial to book 3, but it's really hard to make that call.

oh yeah... dude... and don't forget Balon Greyjoy. he'll have his day in the sun.
  18. Barbarella

Barbarella Guest

Yeah. I was kind of lumping Baylon into theon for now. Speaking of which. I just looked up why they are calling Asha by Yara. When theon said it, I was like WTF that's not her name!!! But I guess they think Asha and Osha are too close. Which then reminded me about the reeds. I'm very interested to see how the Reeds are casted. That's the damn thing about these books. Everyone is interconnected and in weird ways.

The next book is by far my fav. There is so much action. Things get super complex.
  19. Dane

Dane Former Member

Main IGN:
    Quarin
    Foeshizzle
    Battle.Net Tag:
    Dane#1465
    bah... i meant Theon.

like you say... too many damn characters. i can't keep them all straight, and i've read the books. it only gets better from here on out... lol
  20. Braandr_Kyle

Main IGN:
    Braandr
    Kaesyl
    I have to say that Tyrion and Jon Snow are my favorite characters. Tyrion is a complete smart ass (Much like myself) but underneath that, he is one of the most humane characters. Jon, even though he's a bastard, is more noble than most of the people on the show.

Ser Jorah Mormont is my next in the line of favorites. He's just damn unlucky lol!