1. First Tournament wrapped up, next begins in September?

2. Join us on Orias playing as Dominion!

First Ascendancy Hearthstone Invitational Tournament

Discussion in 'News' started by Kaybek, Jul 8, 2014.

1. Kaybek

Kaybek -Mostly Retired -

Main IGN:
    Kaybek
    Alt IGN::
    Dranak
    Battle.Net Tag:
    Kaybek#1468
    When: 7/21 through 8/4.

Tournament Structure
    • Each person can create as many decks as they like for the Tournament.
    • Each deck used in Tournament play must be published after the tournament is over to verify Dust costs (honor system in effect during the tournament) and to share with others for deck building ideas.
    • Decks can use any cards but the total dust value of the deck must be under 2,000. (40 dust per common/basic, 100 per rare, 400 per epic, and 1600 per legendary).
    • The tournament will last up to 2 weeks to allow everyone to schedule games against each other.
    • Each entrant responsible for scheduling and playing 3 Tournament games with each other opponent. Results to be posted to the Website.
    • Once everyone has played, the two players with highest number of wins will play a "Best of 3" against each other for the tournament championship. In the event of tied records, tied participants compete in a Best of 3 tie-breaker.

Rewards
    • Each participant in the tournament will be awarded the basic Hearthstone medal: [​IMG]
    • The Tournament winner will receive the Hearthstone Champion medal: [​IMG]

Participants (as of June 27):
    • Arnay
    • Bob
    • Bryan
    • Bryant
    • Charlie
    • David
    • Matt
    • Marshall

Please post comments / questions / suggestions below.
  2. Zac Coats

Zac Coats Member

Main IGN:
    Coats
    heh, ill play, going to need a few more details about it, like idk what dust is. but yeah im back, so ill try my hand =)
  3. Kalise

Kalise Guild Wars 2 Council Member

Main IGN:
    Kalise
    Hey Zac welcome back. If you go all the way to the bottom of the forums you will find the Hearthstone section. I forget the original title but i'm sure you can find the rules on there.
  4. Kaybek

Kaybek -Mostly Retired -

Main IGN:
    Kaybek
    Dranak
    Battle.Net Tag:
    Kaybek#1468
    We're just one week out from starting our first Hearthstone Tournament. I hope folks have started getting their decks together.

I'm also kind of curious to see when Naxxramas is released. If that happens to drop this week there's a good chance we could see some good disruption of the current Meta and that might even make its way into our little tournament!
  5. Zac Coats

Zac Coats Member

Main IGN:
    Coats
    i actually dont have access to those forum posts, only the public ones
  6. Foxy

Foxy Founder, Administrator Staff Member

Main IGN:
    Foxy
    Battle.Net Tag:
    Foxy#1732
    That's because you're still an "Applicant".

Fixed!!!

Welcome to the Guild!!
  7. Kaybek

Kaybek -Mostly Retired -

Main IGN:
    Kaybek
    Dranak
    Battle.Net Tag:
    Kaybek#1468
    Welcome, Zack!!
  8. Zac Coats

Zac Coats Member

Main IGN:
    Coats
    hahaha thanks guys! been an applicant for about 7 months! new personal record!
    VegetaVarnay likes this.
  9. Kaybek

Kaybek -Mostly Retired -

Main IGN:
    Kaybek
    Dranak
    Battle.Net Tag:
    Kaybek#1468
    First Hearthstone Tournament is wrapped up now. Thanks to everyone who participated in the fun! We're currently planning for the next tournament so please put your 2 cents in if you want to join in!