Dredd movie review...

Discussion in 'Public Discussions' started by Borknagar, Sep 23, 2012.

1. Borknagar

Borknagar Member

Main IGN:
    Borknagar
    3p652n.jpg

I thought it was a great movie, lots of good violence and gruff one-liners from Dredd. I highly recommend if you are either a Dredd fan or an action movie fan.
  2. Areli

Areli Founder, Administrator Staff Member

Main IGN:
    Areli
    yeah, saw the previews and was like "holy crap, they re-did Dredd." don't know if it's a remake from the Stallone version, but I was a Dredd comic fan, so I'll have to see it.
  3. Borknagar

Borknagar Member

Main IGN:
    Borknagar
    It's not a re-make, I would consider it a complete reboot.
  4. Areli

Areli Founder, Administrator Staff Member

Main IGN:
    Areli
    that sounds even better.
  5. Kinetic Medic

Kinetic Medic Member

Main IGN:
    Kayem
    Battle.Net Tag:
    Kineticmedic#1853
    I'm reading through the original comics now, enjoying the crap out of them. will have to catch this movie, though it sounds like it's not done well in the box office sadly...

-KM
  6. Borknagar

Borknagar Member

Main IGN:
    Borknagar
    Not sure if they were expecting a whole bunch of money with this movie. It was a lower budget movie, but I do hope it does well. MUST.HAS.SEQUEL.!!
  7. VegetaVarnay

VegetaVarnay Founder, Administrator "Malgus Disciple" Staff Member

Battle.Net Tag:
    Vegeta#1673
    I can't believe I didn't post in this thread :( sorry for the necro but I was a little disappointed. I love Dredd wasn't too happy with "what or "who" this movie really was about. Hopefully they do another and bring the pain for real!
  8. Kalise

Kalise Guild Wars 2 Council Member

Main IGN:
    Kalise
    Yeah i injoyed it. Though i would have been happier if they covered the Dredd, Rookie training a bit more. It was well covered but more would have been cool. Also made that tower in Minecraft (modded) :)
  9. VegetaVarnay

VegetaVarnay Founder, Administrator "Malgus Disciple" Staff Member

Battle.Net Tag:
    Vegeta#1673
    If I never saw the first Dredd or knew who he was I would have loved the movie. However because I know who he is I was very disappointed the darn movie wasn't even about him!! and he only said his famous line ONCE!!! hehe O well I hope they do better if there is another one.
  10. Borknagar

Borknagar Member

Main IGN:
    Borknagar
    I thought this was tons better compared to the Stallone version. In my opinion, I thought they stayed pretty true to the comic version. As for another movie, don't hold your breath. They wanted to make 50 million in the States and didn't get anywhere near that amount (as of October, they made 14 million). Too bad... would have loved to see a second one.