New Applicant DoctorX's Membership Application

Discussion in 'Apply Here' started by DoctorX, Aug 29, 2013.

1. DoctorX

DoctorX New Applicant

Main IGN:
    DoctorX87
    Do you agree to abide by the Rules and Code of Conduct?
    Yes

Which age group do you fall in?
    22-30

Gaming History
    I've been gaming since I could use a computer. I have a fondness for RPGs, 4x games, and world-building games. Some of my classic favorites are Star Control II, Planescape: Torment, and the Baldur's Gate series. My more recent favorites include Knights of the Old Republic, Minecraft, and Skyrim. I like games where there is a sense of tangible progression, both in the character I am playing and in the world I am playing in. I like my character to have an impact on the world around him/her.

Previous Guilds?
    This is actually the first time I have applied to a guild. I tend to enjoy single-player games, or small groups of people I know IRL. One of the things that turns me off about a lot of MMOs is the prevalence of guild drama and the power trip some of the people seem to be on. Ascendancy, however, seems to be a group of cool, laid-back people, and so I've decided to give guild life a shot.

Which game are you most interested in playing with Ascendancy?
    All of the Above

Your expectations of Ascendancy?
    I am contacting Ascendency because I have a good friend among the membership who referred me. He says that Ascendancy has good people among the membership and leaders and swears by the Minecraft server. I am applying to join primarily out of interest in Ascendancy's Minecraft presence.

How did you hear about Ascendancy?
    Referred by a Member

Explain Other

Who, if anyone, referred you to Ascendancy?
    My friend Bryant. I've known him since high school, and is a longtime gaming partner both online and tabletop.

Your preferred name?
    Nick

Any children joining us with you?
    Nope!
  2. Donatien1800

Donatien1800 Council

Main IGN:
    Elizabet
    The only problem I see with this app is that we've technically known each other since middle school. Otherwise, he's a stand-up fellow.
  3. Foxy

Foxy Founder, Administrator Staff Member

Main IGN:
    Foxy
    Battle.Net Tag:
    Foxy#1732
    Hmmmm....so he fudged on the length of time that he's known Bryant? Seems like a HARD vetting process is needed INDEED! :p

In all seriousness, it's a pleasure, and an honor, to see you chose Ascendancy as the first Guild you have ever applied to DESPITE knowing Bryant! :)

Let me know if Bryant gave you our Mumble information. If not, I'll PM it to you and we'll chat sometime online!

Bob
  4. Kalise

Kalise Guild Wars 2 Council Member

Main IGN:
    Kalise
    Mwahaha Another one converted by the power of minecraft FTB :) Hope to see you on soon and get to know you.