Anime

Discussion in 'Books, Music, TV, and Film' started by Zeuriel, Jul 12, 2012.

1. Zeuriel

Zeuriel Council

Main IGN:
    Zeuriel
    Alt IGN::
    WOMPUS
    Battle.Net Tag:
    Zeuriel#1263
    If you partake of this sometimes great sometimes horrid art form what is your fave.

mines easy

Texhnolyze
    One of those series with 0 remotely sympathetic characters. A brilliantly crafted dark and oppressing atmosphere, and beautiful animation. It is not well known but if people know it for anything if is that the first 11 minutes have no dialogue and that the "main character" spends the first few episodes crawling around on the ground of this horrible city. It is a really great example of detailed small scale world crafting in anime. It is hard to find, but if you can its totally worth it.

what do yall dig?
  2. Zeuriel

Zeuriel Council

Main IGN:
    Zeuriel
    WOMPUS
    Battle.Net Tag:
    Zeuriel#1263
    I should mention my taste in anime tends towards the humorless and crushingly serious. i don't really do light hearted anime personally
  3. Barbarella

Barbarella Guest

I come from the Akira, Ghost in the Shell, princess mononoke era.

Prefer hand drawn.

But can be found watching my guilty pleasure that is Dragon Ball
  4. Bitter

Bitter Silent Spring

Main IGN:
    Bitter
    Battle.Net Tag:
    Bitter#1131
    Love Akira, Vampire Hunter D, Ninja Scroll, and Demon City Shinjuku. Ghost in the shell and the stand alone complex are fun to watch. Guilty pleasures are Big-O, Cowboy Beebop, Afro Samurai, and Aeon Flux. Oh yeah and Samurai Champloo, silly but i couldn't stop watching it.

Currently working on Last Exile. Kind of slow but i really love the story.
  5. Barbarella

Barbarella Guest

Omg bitter. Thanks for reminding me about Big O. Off to the Internet to get something for my TV :)
  6. Bitter

Bitter Silent Spring

Main IGN:
    Bitter
    Battle.Net Tag:
    Bitter#1131
    :) If my drug addled brain can remember any other gems i'll post em up
  7. Zeuriel

Zeuriel Council

Main IGN:
    Zeuriel
    WOMPUS
    Battle.Net Tag:
    Zeuriel#1263
    last exile is the bomb
  8. Zeuriel

Zeuriel Council

Main IGN:
    Zeuriel
    WOMPUS
    Battle.Net Tag:
    Zeuriel#1263
    one i would suggest to people, if you can get a few eps in and get over the animation style lol, is "Now and the, here and there." It is probably disturbing largely because it is about child soldiers and looks half like an old disney cartoon in style. But it is top notch, and short.

anyone seen:

Ergo Proxy
    Mushishi
    ?

ive been wanting to watch both but havent had the chance, although now that i think about it i started Ergo. Saw like 2 eps but stopped for some reason even though i dug it.
  9. Braandr_Kyle

Braandr_Kyle Former Member

Main IGN:
    Braandr
    Kaesyl
    I'm old school. I loved Robotech (Yes I said Robotech. I liked what Carl Macek did)
    Akira
    Ghost in the Shell
    Cowboy Bebop
    M.D. Geist
    Fist of the North Star
    Guyver