Denied Almainyny's Membership Application

Discussion in 'Denied Applications' started by Almainyny, May 7, 2012.

1. Almainyny

Almainyny New Applicant

Main IGN:
    Zalahiel
    Do you agree to abide by the Rules and Code of Conduct?:
    Yes
    Which age group do you fall in?:
    18-21
    Gaming History:
    My favorite games, for the most part, are RPGs. I've played all manner of them, from Legend of Dragoon on the PS1, to Mass Effect 3 on the XBOX 360. I've been gaming since I was a small child, probably 8 years old, maybe? It's hard to remember. The first MMO I played, as it happens, was Final Fantasy XI. Enjoyable, for the most part, but I could never find a good Linkshell group to chat with/play with, which was disappointing.
    Previous Guilds?:
    I was a part of the guild called "Force Academy" (a bunch of guys from Star Wars: Galaxies, among other things, who were mainly RPers, but very interested in PvP), before the game launched, and a bit into when the game actually launched, on the Lord Adraas server (or something close to that). I enjoyed the family-like atmosphere, but the rush to level seemed to make everyone too busy to chat. I eventually left because I had no way of subscribing (this was before the time cards came out).
    Which game are you most interested in playing with Ascendancy?:
    Star Wars: The Old Republic
    Your expectations of Ascendancy?:
    My expectations are rather simple. All I'm looking for is a place for my character to call home; a place where I can chat with other people while levelling (and make the occasional request for help, if required), and a place to play with those same people when I get ready for PvP and PvE End-Game content.
    How did you hear about Ascendancy?:
    Our Recruiting Thread
    Your preferred name?:
    I'd like to be addressed as Allen, my first name IRL. It's certainly much easier than trying to pronounce my character's name (Zalahiel) or trying to pronounce Almainyny, that's for sure.
    Any children joining us with you?:
    No children will be joining with me (since I have none).
    Any questions, concerns, comments?:
    Edit: Actually, I felt it should be known that my character is not yet on the server you guys play on. I am actually attempting to find a guild before making a character on it, simply because I'd like to have a community for him to call home before I start making him. If that will be a problem, please, let me know.
  2. RiffRaff620

RiffRaff620 Guest

Come sit by the fire at Ascendancy and kill some pubs, lol. Glad to have you with us.
  3. Dane

Dane Former Member

Main IGN:
    Quarin
    Alt IGN::
    Foeshizzle
    Battle.Net Tag:
    Dane#1465
    love to have you come join us anytime. we are a very active guild and there are people in mumble most hours of the day (and sometimes night).
  4. Eltherion

Eltherion Guest

come say howdy .. pretty much like dane said we have a late night crew that is also part of the all day crew .. Great group of men and women ... We have fun in ops and in pvp and right now alot of us have 50's and leveling alts so always people to group with if someone is the same level ...
  5. Kaybek

Kaybek -Mostly Retired -

Main IGN:
    Kaybek
    Dranak
    Battle.Net Tag:
    Kaybek#1468
    Hi Allen, thanks for your interest in Ascendancy! It's certainly no problem at all if you're not currently on this server. In fact, I think it's great that you're taking the time to look for a guild that works for you and are willing to move to another server to join.

Now that you've applied, we can start getting to know each other and see if this is the guild for you and if you're a good fit here in Ascendancy.

We ask new applicants to come join us in Mumble (info here) and start getting to know folks. There's no rush on this, simply as you can when on your current gaming schedule. This is an important phase of the application process as we want to give you the opportunity to get to know us and learn about this community as well as give us an opportunity to get to know you and see if you'll be a good fit. During this time we will not be evaluating your game play (so don't feel people will be watching you with a critical eye or anything) but rather trying to judge how you will fit within the community.

Look forward to talking, and hopefully grouping with you soon!​
  6. Almainyny

Almainyny New Applicant

Main IGN:
    Zalahiel
    Thank you all for the kind replies! I'm hoping to get back into the game today, but right now, I'm trying to get some college federal aid stuff figured out. Hopefully I'll have a few hours in-game to be able to get things done, and maybe talk with some of you on Mumble.
  7. Almainyny

Almainyny New Applicant

Main IGN:
    Zalahiel
    Also, in the event that someone reads this, if you're of the appropriate level, I would love to get at least one Black Talon run done before I leave for work (10 AM). If not, that's fine too.
  8. Braandr_Kyle

Braandr_Kyle Former Member

Main IGN:
    Braandr
    Kaesyl
    Welcome! Let me know if you're on. I'll zip you through BT. If you'd rather go through the entire FP normally, I have an alt I can log on to group with you.
  9. Foxy

Foxy Founder, Administrator Staff Member

Main IGN:
    Foxy
    Battle.Net Tag:
    Foxy#1732
    Hiya Allen!!

I'm glad to see you chose to give Ascendancy a try! As Dave explained, just hang with us in Mumble and let's get to know each other and go from there!

Look forward to seeing you soon!
  10. Almainyny

Almainyny New Applicant

Main IGN:
    Zalahiel
    Since I didn't get the chance to get Black Talon done before, I'd like to get a crack at it today. I've got Mumble working, and I'll be connected to it shortly, so if you feel like running it with me, please, feel free to tell me there!
  11. Foxy

Main IGN:
    Foxy
    Battle.Net Tag:
    Foxy#1732
    Sounds good Allen!

I'll keep an eye out for you in Mumble, though my kids will be home from school soon. Once they're home I'm usually with them with homework.
  12. Almainyny

Almainyny New Applicant

Main IGN:
    Zalahiel
    Sorry guys, it's been quite a while. You know how it is, work and school and all that. I'm hoping to get on and talking to you guys either tomorrow or Sunday, as those are my 2 days off, this week.

Thus far, I can safely say that I've had some fun with you guys. Chatting with some of you on Mumble has been a good experience, and I look forward to more of it.
  13. Kaybek

Kaybek -Mostly Retired -

Main IGN:
    Kaybek
    Dranak
    Battle.Net Tag:
    Kaybek#1468
    No problem, Allen. We're about as laid back as it can get with understanding how RL can impact our gaming schedules but thanks for letting us know all the same. I'm glad to hear the time you've been able to spend with us has been enjoyable and we're certainly looking forward to gaming with you some more soon :)
  14. Almainyny

Almainyny New Applicant

Main IGN:
    Zalahiel
    Finally got a few hours of free time. I'll be on within the next hour or two. Hope to see some of you soon!
  15. Almainyny

Almainyny New Applicant

Main IGN:
    Zalahiel
    I apologize for the ridiculous amount of time I have been gone. While I am still very much interested, I'm afraid it may not be for SWTOR. I love the game to death, and while I do have the money to afford the monthly fee, the feeling of having to play because I'm paying monthly for it is keeping me from wanting to play it. That said, IIRC, you guys also plan on having some playing Guild Wars 2 (which is B2P), and I am also interested in that game, which I feel won't feel so much like a job I'm paying for, but more like a game that I can play casually with you guys.

Anyway, that's the update on my cucrent status with you guys: I've had a lot of fun with you and still would like to interact with you guys more, but I think it'll be until GW2 that I really get to interact with you guys again.
  16. Kaybek

Kaybek -Mostly Retired -

Main IGN:
    Kaybek
    Dranak
    Battle.Net Tag:
    Kaybek#1468
    It's all good, Allen. No worries there at all and thanks for catching us up :)

Are you planning to do any of the beta this coming weekend? I'm not sure how big we'll be in GW2 but, as you noted, there are several members who will be picking up the game and probably playing quite casually.

Please don't be a stranger, hope to see you around soon :)
  17. Dane

Dane Former Member

Main IGN:
    Quarin
    Foeshizzle
    Battle.Net Tag:
    Dane#1465
    yeah. i know several (including myself) that will be in the beta weekend. look us up if you are around.
  18. Foxy

Main IGN:
    Foxy
    Battle.Net Tag:
    Foxy#1732
    Definitely stick around, as you know that we're more for community than for individual games!! As to GW2, I'm working saturday, so not so sure about the beta but I have pre-ordered the game so I'll be playing it very casually.

See you around the forums, hop in mumble when you can and don't be a stranger!
  19. Almainyny

Almainyny New Applicant

Main IGN:
    Zalahiel
    I won't be playing the beta, unfortunately, but I can tell you right now, based on the videos I've watched and the coverage I've seen on the game, that I'm definitely quite interested,and will definitely be pre-ordering when I get the chance.
  20. Almainyny

Almainyny New Applicant

Main IGN:
    Zalahiel
    After a few months of inactivity, I finally hear some interesting news: that SWTOR is going free to play. I just may find a place in the game yet!